首页 > 美文同人 > 一句一译的安徒生童话 > 第48章 荞麦 The Buckwheat

第48章 荞麦 The Buckwheat(2/2)

目录

“I have no oasion to do so,” replied the buck> “像我们这样低下头吧。” 麦穗们喊道;“暴风雨天使就要来了;他的翅膀从天空伸展到大地。

“bend your head as we do,” cried the ears of ; “the angel of the stor is g; his gs spread fro the sky above to the earth beh.

在你来得及求饶之前他就会把你击倒。”

he will strike you down before youcry for rcy.”

“但我不会低下头的。” 荞麦说。

“but I will not bend y head,” said the buck> “合上你们的花朵,低下你们的叶子。” 老柳树说。

“close your flowers and bend your leaves,” said the old willow-tree.

“当云层破裂时不要看闪电;连人都做不到这一点。

“do not look at the lightng when the cloud bursts; even n ot do that.

在一道闪电中,天堂敞开了,我们可以往里看;但那景象甚至会让人类失明。

In a fsh of lightng heaven opens, and welook ; but the sight will strike even huan begs bld.

如果我们胆敢这样做,那我们这些只是从土里长出来的、比人类低等得多的东西,又会怎样呢?”

what then t happen to , who only grow out of the earth, and are so ferior to the, if we veo do so?”

“低等,真是的!” 荞麦说。

“Inferior, deed!” said the buck> “现在我打算窥视一下天堂。”

“Now I io have a peep to heaven.”

它骄傲而大胆地抬起头来,这时闪电划过天空,仿佛整个世界都着了火。

proudly and boldly he looked up, while the lightng fshed across the sky as if the whole world werefs.

当可怕的暴风雨过去后,花儿和谷物在清新的宁静空气中抬起了它们低垂的脑袋,被雨水滋润得精神焕发,但荞麦却像田里的野草一样躺着,被闪电烧得漆黑。

when the dreadful stor had passed, the flowers and theraised their droopg headsthe pure still air, refreshed by the ra, but the buckwheat y like a weedthe field, burnt to bess by the lightng.

老柳树的树枝在风中沙沙作响,大颗的水珠从它的绿叶上掉落下来,仿佛老柳树在哭泣。

the branches of the old willow-tree rtledthe d, and rge water-drops fell fro his green leaves as if the old willow were weepg.

于是麻雀们问它,周围一切似乎都那么欢快,它为什么要哭泣呢。

then the sparrows asked why he was weepg, when all around hi seed so cheerful.

“看,” 它们说,“太阳多明亮,云朵在蓝天上飘浮。

“See,” they said, “how the sun shes, and the clouds floatthe be sky.

你难道没有闻到花儿和灌木丛散发的甜美香气吗?

do you not sll the sweet perfu fro flower and bh?

你为什么哭泣呀,老柳树?”

wherefore do you weep, old willow-tree?”

然后柳树就给它们讲了荞麦的傲慢自大,以及随之而来的惩罚。

then the willow told the of the haughty pride of the buckwheat, and of the punishnt which followedsequence.

这就是一天傍晚我请求麻雀们给我讲个故事时,它们讲给我听的故事。

this is the story toldby the sparrows one eveng when I begged the to rete so tale to .

目录
返回顶部